Medikids Building Conservation Accreditation Scheme (BCAS) has been established to provide recognition for Chartered Surveyors specialising in conservation of protected structures and other historic buildings and sites.
Accreditation is awarded to individuals who demonstrate and maintain exemplary standards.
The accreditation scheme:
- Provides a register of Chartered Surveyors with proven knowledge and expertise in the field of building conservation
- Ensures standards of professional competence in conservation meet with international conservation standards, as established by ICOMOS
- Provides assurance and a benchmark for planning authorities and bodies that award conservation grants
- Assists consumers/clients in the selection of surveyors with appropriate conservation expertise
- Promotes best practice and improved standards in building conservation
If you are interested in learning more about the scheme, please download the Building Conservation Applicant Guide by clicking here.
Contact the Society’s Education Department at medi-kids.info to find out about submission deadlines and requirements.