Senior Asset Manager - Residential PropertyPosted: 07/06/2019 16:30
Irish Life Investment Managers (ILIM)
Irish Life Investment Managers (ILIM), the investment management company within Irish Life Assurance, part of Great-West Lifeco (GWL) Group, manages assets of over €80bn. ILIM provides investment products and solutions to both institutional and retail clients, offering a full range of active and indexed fund management products. The ILIM Property team is responsible for the asset management, fund management and investment transacting of the largest institutional real estate portfolio in Ireland, managing over €3.5bn of property assets for a range of client funds.
We have extended our investment strategy to invest in the residential property sector and are looking to recruit a Senior Property Asset Manager to manage new residential property assets. ILIM has successfully launched the Irish Residential Property Fund as an open ended fund to invest for the long term in residential properties for rent. The fund has a strategy to become the leading domestic residential property fund. It has secured a number of impressive PRS assets and is committed to a significant investment programme.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
The Senior Property Asset Manager will have a key role in the ILIM property team, focused on developing and implementing asset management strategies for Residential PRS properties being acquired, leased and operated as long term investments.
The Role Reporting to the Head of Asset Management the role will include:
- Implementation of PRS asset management policies and strategies in line with best practice for a long term institutional owner
- Design and delivery of comprehensive business plans
- Apply PRS expertise in underwriting of new acquisition prospects
- Input into design, fit out and specification of PRS schemes and individual units
- On boarding of new PRS schemes and implementation of leasing strategies
- Management of third party property managers and leasing agents
- Managing a team of asset managers to be recruited as the PRS portfolio grows
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills:
- Minimum 10 years relevant asset/property management experience
- Detailed knowledge of PRS market pricing and cost dynamics, and market leading design, leasing, management and sustainability practices
- Experience of PRS best practices and their implementation in the evolving Irish market
- Experience of managing PRS operational and reputational risks
- Strong commercial acumen and personal resilience
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Influencing Commercial Awareness Risk and Control
This role is a ‘controlled function’ as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank. This requires the company to complete prescribed due diligence to assess the appointee’s fitness and probity. Further details on this due diligence process are available from ILIM Human Resources.
The company reserves the right to draw up a shortlist as part of the selection process.
Irish Life Investment Managers supports Equal Opportunity and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.