Property ValuerPosted: 07/08/2018 16:48
Residential Lending - Property Valuer
About Pepper Ireland:
Pepper Ireland is a leading asset manager and provider of third-party loan and advisory services. Established in September 2012, the company has operations in Dublin and Shannon, employing over 400 people.
Pepper has over €18 billion of loan and commercial real estate assets under management. These are comprised of commercial real estate portfolios and residential mortgages, as well as personal, small and medium enterprise (SME) and auto loans.
Pepper commenced lending to the Irish residential mortgage market in 2016, trading as Pepper Homeloans providing a modern alternative for lending in Ireland.
Pepper in Ireland is part of the Pepper Group, a diversified, global financial services business. Pepper Group focuses on three key disciplines across the residential and commercial property sectors: Lending, Advisory and Asset Management. Pepper Group is headquartered in Australia, where it has been operating since 2001.
About this Role:
The purpose of the Residential Property Valuer is to conduct accurate and consistent valuations for lending purposes whilst applying expert knowledge and awareness of the property market. The Residential Property Valuer will inspect and prepare accurate, timely and relevant valuation reports to support their valuation, providing opinion and analysis as required.
- Conducting accurate and consistent valuations
- Collating data and undertaking thorough inspections of buildings and land to identify any characteristics or factors affecting value
- Maintaining up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the property market and activity
- Preparing high quality written valuation reports, researching and analysing comparable information, and inputting comparable transactions into database
- Review lease agreements and assess rental value
- Instructing and reviewing third party valuations and building surveys
- Conduct due diligence on residential property portfolios to identify risks and opportunities including:
-physical inspection of the real estate;
-review of planning permissions etc.
-review of contracts and leases etc.
-building condition, potential issues
- Maintain accurate files for audit purposes
- Management of Valuation and Building Surveyor Panels
Key Performance Indicators
Volume, accuracy and consistency of valuations completed
Quality of valuation reports & reviews
Team Relationship Management
Feedback from Lending Team
Accuracy, quality and efficiency of due diligence/research
Team performance against objectives and goals
Skills & Experience
2 - 3 years residential valuations experience
Holder of an MediKids accredited property degree or other relevant qualification (essential)
Charted Surveyor (or someone who is currently in the APC process) (desirable)
Knowledge and understanding of the current residential market
Strong excel skills
Accuracy & quality
Communication, Interpersonal & Written Skills
Customer service & Commercial Awareness
Influencing/Persuasion & Negotiation skills
Judgement & Decision-making
Pepper is an equal opportunities employer
For more information or to apply email [email protected]