Project ManagerPosted: 09/03/2018 10:02
Hibernia REIT plc
Hibernia REIT plc is a Dublin-focused Real Estate Investment Trust, listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges. We own and develop Dublin property and specialise in city centre offices. The Company seeks to appoint a Project Manager as part of its ongoing expansion.
We are seeking a motivated and suitably qualified individual to join the existing team in the Development Department in the role of Project Manager to assist the Head of Project Management and the Director of Development. The successful individual will join an invigorating office and work within a small but experienced development team.
The successful applicant will be required to execute the following duties as part of their role:
- Assist with selection and appointment of professional team members including consultants and contractors.
- Assist with the management of the design and construction stages on concurrent multi million Euro development projects. This will include attending and minuting design, technical and contractor meetings.
- Assist the Development Team in all aspects of development management primarily of large scale office projects – planning, environmental, statutory, legal, tenant relationships etc.
- Assist in the preparation of Development Budgets based on inputs received from the Project Team.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress, cost and expenses of the project to assist taking appropriate and timely action(s) to prevent project programme and budget over runs.
- Strive to identify and mitigate bottlenecks in the development of the design and construction process, and recommend mitigating strategies.
- Ensure that actual cost expenditures are within the parameters of the Development Budget and that approval for any un-budgeted expenditure is sought from the Board. Liaise with the Finance team thereon.
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with prospective tenants and their representatives.
- Maintain a constant watching brief towards quality and safety when visiting and inspecting projects.
- Close-Out the project from the view point of practical completion, post-occupation, final account, Safety File documentation and statutory compliance.
Candidate’s Experience / Likely Background:
- Professional qualification in one of the following disciplines; engineering, building / construction management, project management or surveying.
- Potential candidates should have some experience in working on large scale construction projects (30,000 – 100,000 sq. ft.) in a technical capacity.
- Between 2 and 4+ years’ post-graduate experience.
- Experience in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Project (or equivalent) is essential.
- Technical Report Writing/Minute writing experience.
- A good working knowledge and experience of BC(A)R would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of BIM and LEED / BREEAM, and an interest in sustainability matters would be a distinct advantage.
- Current involvement in office development.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
The successful candidate shall possess the following attributes:
- A good team worker
- Pro-active / self-starter
- Professional always
- Flexible and adaptable in their work
- Ability to lead and influence others
Job Location / Benefits:
- The position is office-based, within the CBD in Dublin 2 with travel to sites generally in the greater Dublin area.
- Support and mentoring will be provided in the attainment of Chartership status.
- Company Pension Plan.
- Business expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Mobile phone for business use.
- The Employer operates normal office hours with some flexibility for the suitable candidate
- This position provides an excellent opportunity to the right candidate for developing both. their personal expertise and role within the company.
- The company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply to [email protected] with the words ‘Project Manager’ in the subject line.