Top-up Property Modules
The Society is delighted to provide members with this opportunity to expand your learning and up-skill in respect of property specialisms and to acquire additional accredited certificates which, when combined with your existing third level qualifications, may fulfil the academic requirements of obtaining a State licence to practice as a Property Services Provider (PSP).
Autumn 2018 Programme
Financial Management for Property and Construction
This certificate includes the most up-to date developments in the discipline and highlights the importance of finance to real estate and property students. It is designed to show the relevance of finance. Each topic fits together. With this in mind, the certificate concentrates on ‘company valuations’. It covers the areas of management, valuations and investment. The most important indicator both in finance and in business is NPV. This concept is emphasised throughout the certificate. The emphasis is on ‘value creation’ which will enhance understanding of other subject material. In addition, the standard, time-honoured, basic principles of financial management are covered.
Classes for this module will take palce on Friday mornings in a Dublin city centre location.
Property Marketing and Commercial Property Management
This certificate provides a practical understanding of the principles of marketing and management as applied to the Estate Agency and Property Management business. Participants will covers two principal areas: marketing of residential and commercial property and management of commercial property. A comprehensive understanding of marketing is essential for Estate Agents, who need to understand marketing techniques used in the full range of property transactions. These techniques include: identifying clients’ needs and wants, adopting innovative marketing approaches in relation to clients’ properties and their own firms and the ability to diagnose and prescribe actions for uncertainties they may encounter.
Classes for this module will take palce on Friday afternoons in a Dublin city centre location.
Valuations Principles & Techniques
This certificate lays down the theoretical basis for later advanced valuation modules of the programme. Particular emphasis is placed on the learner grasping fundamental property valuation principles and techniques. The syllabus is broad in scope, providing the learner with an understanding of the valuation of various legal property interests using basic valuation methodologies. The learner is also introduced to the concept of property as an investment medium.
Classes for this module will take palce on Saturday mornings in a Dublin city centre location.
This certificate will deal with particular legal disputes that frequently arise during the course of a Construction Contract. The attendees knowledge is used to teach the application of the general principles of the law of Contract to Construction Contracts, in particular to explain how tortious liability may arise on a construction contract. To enable learners to identify those particular situations commonly encountered during the course of a construction contract which may give rise to legal liability and to instruct he learner in the wider legal implications of the construction process.
Classes for this module will take palce on Saturday afternoons in a Dublin city centre location.
- The programme will run acorss 9 consecutive weeks between November 2018-January 2019.
- Classes will be held Friday and Saturday 10am-1pm and 2pm-5pm.
- The programme will be assessed in line with DIT Regulation and Standards by means of continuous assessment and end of year formal exams
- A DIT CPD Certificate(s) will be awarded on successful completion of each module(s)
- Each certificate is awarded 10 ECTS
- Each certificate will have a requirement for self-directed study hours.
- Content will be delivered by a mix of industry practitioners experienced in delivering on academic/practical topics as well as academic lecturers.
€990 per Certificate for Members; €1200 per Certificate for non-Members.
€3600 all 4 Certificates for Members; €4000 all 4 Certificates for non-Members.
To be eligible to apply to enter a module you must fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Hold a University Degree or equivalent, (i.e. a qualification at Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications of the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). OR,
- Have passed all subjects in the IAVI Residential & Land Agency Course. The Course is now discontinued, it ran from 1991-92 to 2005-06.OR,
- Have a minimum of five years relevant experience in the property profession and be at least 23 years of age. OR,
- Have successfully completed the MediKids/DIT (formerly IAVI/DIT) Higher Certificate in Property Studies. This Programme has been discontinued. It ran from 2006-07 to 2011-12. OR,
- Have passed all subjects in the IAVI Direct Final Examinations. This programme was discontinued in 1999.
*Limited Places Available: 20 places on each certificate
Please contact for further information and application.