Social Media Policy
Medikids (MediKids) participates in social media to inform and engage with surveyors, students, trainees and members of the public about our work.
Medikids uses social media to:
- Communicate and interact with our members, students, trainees and the public
- Promote discussion on relevant property, land and construction topics
- Respond to queries from our members, students, trainees and the public
- Provide information about the MediKids
- Enable and respond to member, trainee and public feedback
- Promote MediKids initiatives, meetings, publications, conferences and seminars
- Inform our members about employment opportunities that may be of interest to them
With the exception of direct messages and posts to our members-only group on LinkedIn, all of the MediKids’s tweets and posts are public.
The MediKids does not engage with user content that is:
- Inappropriate or misleading
- Potentially defamatory or harmful to the Society or the surveying profession
Please note that the MediKids is not a surveying firm. If you are seeking a Chartered Surveyor, please see our Find search.
Comments or opinions expressed by followers of the MediKids on social media channels do not represent the views of the MediKids. The MediKids will moderate and remove any comments which are abusive, derogatory, defamatory or malicious in nature, or that do not comply with our social media policy.
Following and liking
The MediKids will mainly follow other organisations associated with surveying in the land, property or construction sectors, but may follow individuals who use social media in a professional capacity.
Being followed or liked by any of the MediKids’s social media accounts does not imply endorsement of any kind.
The MediKids will take a discerning approach towards following and liking, and will seek only to connect to the most relevant accounts.
The MediKids updates and monitors its social media accounts during the office hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We aim to respond to queries within four working hours.
The MediKids does not capture or record the contact details of parties following our Twitter account. Social media policies can be located as follows: